Sunday, June 12, 2011

Random Musings

I was anticipating this weekend so much and it was exactly what I needed. We spend 2 long days at the pool and I LOVED it! I can't believe I haven't been to work in 2 full days-it was amazing being at home and relaxing with Kat. She has been doing great this weekend. We are full on fighting with her company about her disability and I am praying it pays off-we have to live off my measley paycheck-which I just realized Friday is being garnished by the IRS. When it rains it pours, but I do remember everything happens for a reason and am just so happy we were able to eat a wonderful healthy dinner this weekend! It stinks to be worrying about if we can afford food! Things have definitely changed for us, but as long as Kat's healthy it is all worth it!

I finished Sweet Valley Confidential this weekend and LOVED it!

For anyone who grew up in the 80s like me and read the Sweet Valley Series I highly recommend reading this book! I loved it. It took me back to that innocent time and was really well written. I enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. It is nice, especially lately, for me to pick up and read something that doesn't require much thinking on my part. I have now moved on to:

which I am reading for College Prep's book club. I will let you all know how it turns out!

I just learned that there is now a Vineyard Vine's store in Nashville. I don't know where I have been, well yeah I really do, but I was glancing at the catalog yesterday and saw that there is now one open in one of my favorite shopping areas. I know I can't buy right now, but there is nothing wrong with looking!!!

I told you guys about the Bachelor casting call at our hotel and I have to say I was very disappointed! I wanted to report back about some crazy girls and crazy things that I saw happen, but the casting call was pretty much the exact opposite. The vast majority of the girls were exactly alike. They all looked skinny, fake, and like they had never eaten a meal in there entire life. I mean they were absolutely nothing special to look at. Cookie cutters of each other. The funny thing is that I am sure most of them will be chosen, or girls just like them. The guys were fun to watch though and may I say they were HOT!!! I assumed they had guys come in for the Bachelorette shows in the future as well as possible Bacherlors. There were 2 guys definitely out of place though. One was a man in his 50s (That is so not old to me) but it is way to old for that show, which mainly has 21 year old girls on it. CREEPER. Then there was this old man-prob about 80-walking around the lobby that was about 3 feet tall. I was thinking maybe he was someone's drive-he was kind of dressed like that-but then figured he was to short to drive a car. After much pondering I was told he was there for the casting call!!! I so do not watch the Bachelor or Bachelorette but if he were on there I would watch in a heart beat. There were red roses everywhere, like this gorgeous 3 dozen I brought home for Kat:

Flowers always make me smile when I am sick.

I think that is all of my random thoughts I had to tell you all about. I am enjoying catching up on everyone's blocks. Here are some pictures I am LOVING from Pinterest today. If you need an invite let me know!!!

LOVE the green ones.

Put this in St. Simon's Island Georgia and I am perfect. LOVE this house and pool.

Yummy Summer Drink. Looks sooooooooo refreshing!

The First Lady of Fashion. Lilly Pulitzer of course!

May everyday end this way and be so peaceful. I LOVE summer!!!


See you tomorrow!!! I am so happy to be back!!!


Happy Weekend!

xoxo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile!!! Your comments always do!!! xoxo, Sara