Saturday, April 16, 2011

Social Media Confession

I like to consider myself technologically savvy. I am a pretty good with computers in general and am not scared at all to try new things. I LOVE blogging and have actually made some really cool changes to my blog by changing the HTML code. I am a Facebook pro-former addict-but blogging has taken the place of facebook lately.

I am signed up for Twitter and tweet occasionally, but I really don't get it. People rave about it all the time and I read tweets sometimes when I get bored, but I am so lost. Can anyone tell me what I am missing? I know it has to be something, because I love social media, but just can't quite figure the Twitter thing out. To me, its like telling someone what is going on every moment? Is that right? I want to know what I am missing out on. Someone please help!!!



I just signed up for Tumblr, but again I am confused. I read blog after blog where people reference it and make links to there account. Is it another type of blog? Can you incoporate it with blogger or is it an entire separate entity? Please help me understand! I haven't been able to play around with it yet, but I am very curious!

If anyone can give me a little insight that would make me so happy!!! I love learning new stuff and don't hesitate to ask for help or advice!

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! I will be on the 8th row tonight watching Little Big Town than Sugarland!!! Still trying to figure out what to wear since Winter decided to come back for just one day-yuck. I will post about it tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!

xoxo,
Sara

7 comments:

  1. Blogging has taken facebooks place for me too! Facebook is so last year! Have a good Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blogging! Tumblr seems to me like a blog, only instead of really blogging, it's more like sharing a single picture you liked or a quote. Plus, blogger posts tend to be revisited whereas Tumblr posts are pretty much lost fairly soon after they're made. (I've done my research since a lot of my friends have tumblrs.) Also, I would love to get into twitter but I really don't know that many people that have them. It didn't stop me from blogging, so maybe I should start that again....also, if you're from KY, then you probably wouldn't have too much trouble figuring out where I go...

    Holly =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tumblr confuses me!! I like blogger best!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging has gotten me addicted as well. I am hardly ever on facebook anymore. I actually started out with a tumblr when I wanted to blog but what I realized is it's more of a photo journal almost. People post cool photos and you can reblog them. Some people seem to use tumblrs as blogs but I'm not a huge fan of their text formats. Basically, I just use tumblr for photo inspiration. Hope that helps!

    Thanks for checking out my blog and following! Definitely following back :)

    xo
    Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello

    You are officially entered in my give-away. Thank you! I have a feeling you and I have a lot in common. I'm following you. Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you figure everything out let me know! haha! I'm surprised I can even blog!! lol I signed up for a twitter account about a year ago and never used it bc I didn't get it! lol! but I'm slowly getting back into it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blogging but don't tweet or have a tumblr (I don't want to be over-connected..). Blogging has been good because I feel like it's a greater way to take up time than my previous unproductive hours on Facebook--at least blogging I can express some creativity and learn new things through my reading! Now I only check my Facebook once or twice a day, and it's nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile!!! Your comments always do!!! xoxo, Sara