Sunday, April 10, 2011

Getting to Know You!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!!! I am sooooo happy because it is 87 and sunny here in Nashville today and I drove by the front pool and it's OPEN!!!! YAY!!! I can't explain how happy this makes me. They don't usually open any of the pools here at my wonderful apartment complex until the end of May. I still have a lot of weight to lose, but believe me that is not going to stop me. I will be down there first thing tomorrow before work and all day Tuesday on my day off. My Spring/Summer has officially begun! Do you think its horrible to go down to the pool in my bikini when I don't look very good? Not self pitying at all, I am just being honest. My body is not that of my 21 year old self anymore. I have been pondering this question-please honestly answer for me!!!

I am trying a new link-up today called Getting to Know You . Different questions are posted each week and you answer them, link up of course, and learn more about your blogger friends! I love learning more about everyone so link up so we can all get to know each other even more.


Today's Questions are:

1. Do you watch/read the news?
As much as I can-I usually read updates and headlines on my blackberry more than anything. I have to admit I don't like to read about the war and relations with other countries, it seems like empty promises a lot to me, but I try to keep up with what's going on-just the basics.


2. How would you describe your "look"?
Very preppy but fun as well. I love bright colors and cool jewelry. I have my own look, but I am definitely not in to what's considered "Trendy".

3. Did you play sports in high school or college?
Not competitively, but I have always been a swimmer. I did swim team in the summer and took swimming to fulfill my PE requirement in college.

4. Would you rather give up lipstick/gloss or high heels?
I guess high heels...

5. What's your favorite show to watch on tv?
Gossip Girl, Mad Men, Nurse Jackie, Glee

6. Would you rather bake or cook?
Cook

7. Shorts or skirts?
Skirts

8. What's your favorite scary movie?
The Uninvited


Just link up here and start playing! Hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday. As always, if you are reading PLEASE become a follower and send me a link to your blog! Love finding new blogs and new followers just make my day!!! I will be back later with a bloggy book club post.

xoxo,
Sara

5 comments:

  1. You're so lucky that it's so warm in Nashville!! I'm jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the VW bug's top down today!
    And hit my chaise lounge and sat out in my pink bikini for a few hours! My Mama has always lived by this rule, are you listenin'? "Tan fat looks better than white fat." Now hit that chair and don't think twice! Life is too short to allow ANYONE to rain on your parade!

    Love,
    Mrs. Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mrs. Kindergarten for that sweet comment. I will commit that to memory for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The get to know me pic is cute! I saw that you had posted on another bloggers wall that you are from KY! Me too!

    In honor of our blogs recent birthday we are hosting a giveaway. Stop by and enter.

    http://sunnydaystarrynight.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. so jealous your pool has opened! and i say wear the bikini...as long as you're comfortable in it, i say do it! (and as horrible as this sounds, whenever i feel a little self-conscious i think of all the people at the beach who REALLY SHOULDN'T be in bikinis and wear them, and that makes me feel better-- ha, how mean of me!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making me smile!!! Your comments always do!!! xoxo, Sara