Sunday, February 20, 2011

Friendship

"Love me or hate me both are in my favor...If you love me I'll always be in your heart...If you hate me I'll always be in your mind." Shakespeare

Over the past couple of weeks some drastic changes have occurred in my life and all for the better!!! Change is always hard, but I have found that once you get to the other side life is usually better. Sometimes it is faster than other times and its always painful in some way, shape, or form, but once I reach the other side I always look back and see that the change was necessary.

This time changing bad habits was MUCH easier thanks to some very special people that I am blessed to have in my life. As an addict it is against my nature to ask for help. I will beat my head against a wall and try it my way until I hit absolute bottom. Not this time! I asked for help from a new friend and she helped me and has quickly become a bestie. I was straightforward, honest, and asked for help and it was so amazing-she helped me!!! I then called on an old friend that I haven't seen in a while, but holds a special place in my heart. We always connect right were we left off and this time was no exception. She lifted me up and I think I did the same for her in a number of ways. I love how God works like that. I needed both of them, but in a way I think they both needed me too.

This is a picture of my ultimate bff and me. We have been through thick and thin over the past 5 years and I must say, I love her more every day! I have never met a kinder person with a bigger heart. Last weekend she fell down the stairs and sprained both ankles! Fortunately one was a minor sprain, but the other ankle had previously been broken in 3 places, so reinjuring this ankle was not good. Needless to say, I have played nurse all week taking care of her, and it feels so good to be able to do that.

I love how 2 of my friends have taken such good care of me lately and because of this I was able to take care of Kat. I love to see how everything comes together and how God works. Believe me-if I had not asked for help, I would never be in the position to help Kat out right now.

I have been reminded of how important true friends are to me. There are always haters, doubters, fake people, two faced people, and jealous people. I have come across those in the past week as well and it all comes down to jealousy. I mean I am 31 years old and because I have become bff with a friend at work who is in a higher position than I am, she was told we shouldn't be friends. What the heck? Is this Kindergarten. My gut feeling is that she used to be close to another manager, they are not friends anymore, so the girl snitched on her!!! People-GROW UP!!!

So thank you all to the WONDERFUL people in my life that support me no matter what. Have friends made a difference in your life? Do they step up to the plate when you need them? Are you a good friend???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile!!! Your comments always do!!! xoxo, Sara