Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Weekend!

So happy weekend everyone! Today is my Sunday, I actually go back to work tomorrow, but these past 2 days off have been wonderful. Was fortunate to go to my 2 all time favorite stores today, Target and Sephora, and got some fun goodies, all necessities, but still fun! I also got to watch my UK wildcats today advance to the next round of the SEC tournament. It was to close-as it always seems to be this year-but we did it in the end! So proud of my boys and excited to watch them play tomorrow. I LOVE March Madness (of course as long as my team stays in it)!


Today is day 11 of Cait's 30 day challenge at Fierce, Fit, and Fabulous which is a picture of something you hate. I have been pondering this question as I have been running errands all day and really thought of quite a few, but they were not appropriate. The first picture that came to mind was this 2 faced girl I know and thought one I shouldn't hate anyone and 2 she so does not deserve a spot on my blog and three that is really juvenile. Ok so more came to mind, but the thing that absolutely infuriates me is this:

Talking on cell phones in restaurants. That is the absolute rudest thing in the entire world. I understand that people get calls that are emergencies, however, there is nothing wrong with excusing yourself and taking the call away from the table and out of earshot of all of the other patrons who are enjoying there meal. Nothing ruins a good evening like having to listen to someone else's conversation. 9 times out of 10 it is not an emergency. It is someone that thinks they are so important that we all need to listen to what they are saying. I am a strong believer in using proper etiquette, more so I am sure because I was raised in the South, but in no way shape or form is this behavior acceptable. I cannot stand it. People that do this I have noticed tend to be extremely narcisstic. DO NOT DO THIS. EVER.

Along with this, I work at a hotel, as I have blogged about many times, a close second to no cell phones in restaurants or other quiet public places is being on a cell phone when you are checking into a hotel or into an appointment anywhere for that matter. Doctor's offices, salons, wherever. It is absolutely beyond rude to carry on a conversation while in front of another person like that. When people are on a cell phone and they come to check in, with the exception of regular guests that know the routine and we just hand them keys, it belittles the person behind the counter. It makes me feel like you don't think I am important enough to put your call on hold for the 10 seconds it takes to check in. I am known to ask the person in line behind them to step forward and I will wait on them and follow suit until the person is off the phone. I am not here to waste your time so respect mine as well please!

Sorry enough venting-those are my biggest hates I can thing of that are legitimate! Let me know what you all think. Am I going overboard on manners? Good manners are so so so important to me and really say a lot about a person. Maybe its just that Southern girl shining through!!!

If you are reading this please take a second to become a follower! It really puts a smile on my face! I will be happy to do the same for you!

xoxo,
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile!!! Your comments always do!!! xoxo, Sara