Monday, March 14, 2011

My Sister

So it is day 14 of Cait's blog challenge at Fierce, Fit, and Fabulous . Day 14 is a picture of someone you can't imagine living without. There are quite a few people that fit that description: My Mom and my BFF Kat, but I have devoted posts to them both several times throughout this challenge. Someone that I don't see enouogh, but have known her her entire life and adore her is my little sister Laura.


 Here is a picture of her before going to walk down the aisle and she just looked amazing. We are 22 months apart, she is younger, but she is so much taller than me that everyone assumes she is the oldest. She also acts like the oldest sister most of the time. I look up to and admire her in so many ways and have not been a good role model for her other than what not to do.

She lives in Memphis now with her husband Andy, and although its only 3 hours away, we rarely see each other. She is in her 3rd year in medical school and I am so proud of her. She has done so well and has always been good in school. She has always had straight A's (maybe a few B's in med school), played Volleyball in high school in college like a pro, and has a great head on her shoulders. I believe in her so much and don't always show it, but wish I could be more like her.

We have fought our entire lives, you would think that it would calm down some since we have gotten older (I am 31 and she is 29) but whenever we are together for an extended amount of time the fighting always breaks out. Our poor Mom! Laura is a spiritual person, amazing wife, daughter, and a wonderful sister. I didn't always see it that way, but the older we get I know how lucky I am. Now that she is married we don't get her on every holiday and I HATE it when she is not there. It just doesn't seem right. We were more of a team than we thought growing up and endured lots of hardships (like the evil stepmonster) together. I could never ever ever imagine my life without her. She is always teaching me new things and makes me want to be a better person.

This is a pic of her with her precious husband Andy on her wedding day. It was such a perfect day and I know I will never forget it. She looked the a princess and her special day was so elegant and beautiful and made just for her. I hope she knows how much I love her, admire her, and appreciate her. She has gotten mad at me from time to time but it was always for very good reason. I could never, ever, imagine my life without her.
 
xoxo,
Sara



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile!!! Your comments always do!!! xoxo, Sara