Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Most Treasured Item

So the Day 5 challenge from Cait at Fierce, Fit, and Fabulous is a picture of your most treasured item. For me that is my blankie that I have had for 30 years and still sleep with! I had to get a generic picture of it, because I left it at my Mom's house at Christmas :( She refuses to send it to me and I miss it terribly. I know I am 30 years old, but my blanket has comforted me since the day I was born literally. I used to have 2 blankets, a yellow one and a white one. The yellow one I took everywhere with me. To friends houses with me, to camp, on vacations, wherever I went the blanket followed.



I remember being traumatized when my Dad threw my first one away. He always told me that I was to old for a blanket. I was 8 at the time and had been to an overnight at Camp Pepperhill. Of course I brought it with me, but the next day before he took me to my Mom's house it was gone. I know I had it with me when I left camp-I was obsessive about my baba as I called it. We went swimming at one of his friends house and when I came back in after swimming it was GONE.

Now for an 8 year old this is a major traumatic experience. I remember asking him where it was and he kept saying he didn't know and that I must have lost it. He was always telling me I was to old for it and I needed to give it up. Why this bothered him so much I don't know. I do know that going back and forth between his house and my mom's was not fun, and that blanket was my only constant. He obviously took it and threw it away. I remember my Mom telling me when I got home how sorry she was and that my Dad probably threw it away. So sad.

Thank goodness I had a backup! I had a white one that I rarely used and 31 years later I still have it! I have to admit, I took it to my Mom's over Christmas and left it in the bed. I was in a rush to get back home and was loaded down with packages, but I have missed it terribly.

It might sound silly, but it has been a constant throughout my crazy life. What's your most treasured possession??? I would LOVE to hear about it!!!

xoxo,
Sara

P.S-If you find yourself reading this please become a follower! It always makes me smile when I see new ones and sent me a link to your blog as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making me smile!!! Your comments always do!!! xoxo, Sara